Purple Cabbage + Orange Salad
A vivacious purple colour, zesty oranges and hints of greens… this is a great trick of colour therapy to get your dependants to eat a good nutritious salad!
Red cabbage is one of my favourites, particularly because it is loaded with a ton of vitamin A, C, K, manganese, phosphorous, calcium and fibre.
Team the cabbage with citrusy oranges, sweet dried blueberries, crunchy onions and spring onions, and salty olives.
The dressing is homemade, with homemade yogurt, olive oil, orange juice and herbs.
Some bits of feta cheese would also taste great… if you don’t have much a cholesterol problem.
- 1 cup, purple cabbaged, juliennes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp olives, slices
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp, chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp feta cheese (optional)
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a serving bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients together well.
- Pour into the salad just before serving.