Tahini Grilled Mushrooms
I can have mushrooms in just about everything and anything.
Grilled veggies on the side is a personal favourite because, well, it’s veggies and nutrition. And also because it fills up the plate, so you don’t feel like you’re really on a diet.
These mushrooms, marinated in tahini sauce with yogurt and spices, are an awesome side dish to serve. You could even add more sauce to make it more gravy-like and have it with rice. This dish is great to serve at a BBQ feast.
You can marinate any vegetable in this sauce – baby corn, zucchini, carrots, peppers… and you can even marinate paneer with some onions and peppers.
Tahini paste recipe is here.
- 1 packet mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini (Link above)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp sumac
- Salt + Pepper
- Chop the mushrooms after washing well into bite size pieces.
- In a flat bowl, mix in the tahini, yogurt, spring onions, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.
- Then mix the mushrooms in, coating well on all sides.
- Leave for at least an hour.
- In a non-stick hot pan, grill them well on high heat, without any oil. The mushrooms would release off some water, and takes some time.
- Serve hot.