Vanilla + Orange Scented Chocolate Chip Cookies
Many claim bare necessities to be milk, bread and eggs in a kitchen. In India, the list includes the trusted steel masala box filled to the brim, along with potatoes, onions and rice.
I am sure by now you know, that very few of the above items are considered essential to me. My list runs more along the lines of chocolate, berries, Maggi, and a variety of cheeses!
Cookies are a lot of fun to make, and particularly if you have children in the house, it’s a great interactive session while keeping them busy for a good amount of time!
This cookie has a slight twist: luscious Malta orange zest rubbed into the sugars, and a vanilla bean pod infused into the melted butter, along with a ton of chocolate chips! These fragrant chocolate chip cookies lend a very adult feel, and even if you have them with a glass of milk, you’ll still feel like a grown up.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ vanilla pod
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a saucepan with a split open vanilla pod.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl with the infused butter.
- Rub the orange zest into the combined sugars.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and sugars together.
- Then stir in the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon.
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Bring the mixture to dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough into flat balls of your desired thickness and place on a baking sheet, leaving at least 2-inch space between the cookies, as they spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven of 170°C.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container.