Grilled Peaches with Thyme
We’re all about quick, easy, healthy (sometimes), and exciting looking desserts these days at Kitchen Therapy. Perhaps that says a bit more about my time management (read: lack thereof) as well as a few too many impromptu gatherings!
This one is another recipe resulting from a trip, which entailed a bit ton of grocery shopping. I got my hands on the biggest, juiciest and most luscious looking peaches you have ever laid eyes on… yes I am talking about fruit here!
This dessert is made in a jiffy and… okay, I’ll be honest, I ate this for breakfast. Well, not entirely by myself; I was joined at the hip with my pint-sized sister-in-law (hereafter referred to as Little Vini). Little Vini has a fabulous sweet tooth, which helps polish off most of my baking experiments.
Despite being the youngest of this household, Little Vini is really the glue of the family. This tiny girl manages to pack a punch where needed and put all of us in our places when needed. She is all lady-like and charming, but the minute you put a sweet dish in front of her, her childlike glee lightens up the table. It is an utter joy to feed her! God really made her to come here with her delightful spark and beautiful smile to brighten our home.
We are so incredibly blessed… it is true when they say all good things come in small packages!
- 1 peach
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Sea salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cut the peach into half, removing the pit.
- In a small bowl stir the honey, thyme, zest, vanilla pods and salt.
- Drizzle the honey mixture on the insides of the peach halves, equally. Leave some to drizzle on the ice cream.
- Place face down on a hot pan and let grill for at least 10 minutes.
- Once softened and grilled enough, place on the serving dish.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle some left over honey sauce on top.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig.