Gluten + Dairy Free Brownies
Gluten free recipes are highly challenging for me. I am not a trained chef, nor a culinary institute graduate. Everything I have learnt in the kitchen is from my mother, reading cookbooks, endless Pinterest surfing and countless trials and errors.
The problem with most of these restricted challenges is the taste, texture and overall appeal for me. I have tried countless of recipes but there would always be something or the other missing.
This recipe is finally something that hits the spot for me, and hence anyone with dietary restrictions in need of a sinful chocolate bite. Although this is named a brownie in this cookbook by Carol Lovett, I would prefer to call it fudge brownie – simply because it is flourless and doesn’t have any of the gluten or dairy, but is still incredibly moist and soft. PS. These are PALEO approved too!
This recipe uses unsweetened cacao powder and natural coconut sugar. Use extra virgin coconut oil and melt it if it is has hardened.
I use Sattvic organic products – raw cacao powder, coconut sugar, vanilla essence, and extra virgin coconut oil, sea salt, and organic eggs.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup of natural coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Whisk the eggs with vanilla and salt until frothy.
- Add in coconut sugar and coconut oil and whisk until just combined.
- Then whisk in the cacao powder until combined.
- Pour into a lined tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 20 minutes.
- The brownies will jiggle slightly when you remove them from the oven.
- Allow them to cool for at least 4 hours before serving.