Maca Chai Latte Popsicles
Maca root powder is a superfood that has found it’s way into the Indian market all the way from Peru. Maca is an antioxidant filled with great goodness. It is high in calcium, an energy booster, and a hormone balancer. A teaspoon or two of maca powder in the morning is proven to help one feel more active, alive and energetic.
The taste of maca root powder is almost non-existent when you mix with tea, coffee, or even hot chocolate.
Also, who doesn’t want a chai latte popsicle?
This is as easy as using leftover tea that went cold but you don’t have the heart to throw away. Ensure your chai has an abundance of the yummy comforting spices like lemongrass, cardamom, cinnamon, mint, ginger and a hint of vanilla. Make it with whole milk and instead of sweetening with refined sugar, use natural coconut sugar, which lends a tropical twist. Let the chai completely cool before stirring in the maca powder until it dissolves.
Pour the chai into popsicle moulds and set in the freezer over night, or for at least 4-5 hours until set.
Tip: If you don’t have popsicle moulds, use disposable small glasses. Pour the cooled down tea into the glasses, cover with aluminium foil. Poke the centre with the wooden sticks and insert in. Set this in the freezer and when ready to serve, simple tear off the foil and paper cup.
Maca Powder and Coconut Sugar are from Sattvic Foods.
- 2 cups of brewed chai with milk (use any spice mix of your liking)
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
- 4 tsp organic maca powder
- Stir the brewed chai with the coconut sugar and bring to room temperature.
- Then stir in the maca powder.
- Pour the chai into your Popsicle mould. If you do not have one, pour into disposable paper cups, cover with foil and stick the Popsicle stick into the centre.
- Freeze the popsicles overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the moulds, dip the mould into room temperature water and gently remove. If used paper cups, simply tear the paper cups off.