Nutella Xmas Bread Pudding
So, after your house-party the night before, you will be left over with quite some cheese, crackers and crostini. Now most of it can be nicely stored in the fridge and jars. But what about the bread, which is most likely a bit hard now?
The best way to use up leftover bread – bread pudding!
This is the perfect “morning after” breakfast dish, as it’s easy to make, filling and the caffeine shot is also a great cure for the hangover from last night’s party.
This is a cross between a French toast and bread pudding – whatever you would like to call it – there is crusty bread, a light custardy coating, oozing Nutella, and comforting Christmas spices!
Spread a decent amount of Nutella between slices of baguette. Chop them up into smaller bits and place in a bigger baking dish or individual ramekins.
Whisk together an egg, two shots of espresso, some vanilla, all spice, cinnamon, and some sugar. Pour this liquid over the bread and sprinkle some sugar on top. Bake for 10 minutes and serve warm with maple syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit!
Cinnamon Sugar Butter: LINK
YOUTUBE Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV8jVOVm4U0&t=1s
- 2 tsp cinnamon-sugar butter
- 8 slices of small baguette
- 4 tsp Nutella
- 1 egg
- 2 espresso shots
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Extra sugar to sprinkle on top
- Maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- Fresh fruit
- Rub the cinnamon-sugar butter in the ramekins or baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread Nutella between the slices of bread. Then chop them up into bite size pieces.
- Place the bread in the two ramekins.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, espresso, sugar and spices.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle some extra sugar on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and/or whipped cream and some fresh fruit.