Grilled Corn + Pomegranate Salad
This corn salad is inspired from a lavish breakfast during my recent visit to one of my favourite cities, Delhi at The Claridges. The hotel has been a regular visit for my family for the past three generations, and I can be as obnoxious as to say, this hotel is pretty much like home.
This breakfast session included boiled peas seasoned simply with salt and pepper, paired with smoky grilled corn, which tasted perfect with a guilty butter soaked stuffed paratha. (Breakfast like a king remember?!)
This salad is a perfect addition to the monsoon; with mint leaves, sweet little jewels of pomegranate fruit, crunchy pumpkin seeds and a salty feta cheese.
This salad is good as a side dish to a sumptuous BBQ platter, or a simple diet lunch with a soft-boiled egg.
- 3 corns, grilled
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 4 tbsp feta cheese
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- After you’ve grilled the corns, remove all the kernels into a salad bowl.
- Let it cool and mix in the mint leaves.
- Squeeze out the pomegranate fruit with the added juices into the salad bowl.
- Crumble some feta cheese on top and sprinkle pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.